Pre-Departure for China!!

Leaving tomorrow for China at 6 am and I am very excited but also very nervous! I chose to participate in this program because I am going into nursing and am a big believer in understanding other cultures thoughts on medicinal remedies for curing people .  I really want to take in every minute of this experience since I never know when I’ll be able to come back.  During my time in china I am nervous about how I am going to eat.  I tend to be a picky eater, and I get nervous trying new things, but I am hoping this experience will expand my horizons.  Also, I have a stereotype idea that China is hot, sticky, polluted, crowded, loud, and they are rice eaters.  I am very excited to visit and find out the true feel of China on my own instead of only believing in stereotypes.  Lastly, I am very excited to visit a country that holds so much history and to visit special locations such as temples and the great wall of China.

I have so much to learn and only a month to take it in, but I am very excited to share my experiences throughout it!

Chinese Great WallCopper lion in front of an ancient architecture in Forbidden city, Beijing ChinaRice with vegetables - stock photo