After Returning Home

I have returned home from Querétaro! It was so nice to see my friends and family. I enjoyed telling them all about my trip. However, it is hard to explain everything in words. It was really hard to leave Mexico.I cried in my last ESOL class as we were talking about what we were going to miss most about Mexico. My host mother cried as she sent me off, and I was crying too. She made me promise to come back to visit and she told me that I was the daughter she always wanted. It was so touching!

I have learned that I am good at adapting to whatever situation I am in, because I never really had the symptoms of culture shock when I got to Mexico, and I did not experience it when I returned home either. This was interesting and a little surprising to me. I think this is a great skill to have, and I am so glad I learned that I have that skill through study abroad!

I am so happy that I went on this trip. I did so many amazing things and had some of the best experiences of my life so far. One of the best things about it was the friends I made there. I definitely want to return to Querétaro someday.

One thought on “After Returning Home

1. I forgot about our last day in the ESOL class! It was so sad. I like that you learned you can adapt to any situation, you did adapt really well. I’m so glad I went with you.