Hacienda Mamacona

This week for Thanksgiving, my group went to watch a horse show on a ranch called Hacienda Mamacona. Peru has a special breed of horses called Caballo Peruano de Paso. This type of horse has a special step, and does dances with dancers. It was a great time! I have never seen any other breeds of horses, just normal breeds that we have in the states so it was very interesting to see the difference. The ranch was also beautiful, during the show they served us fried yuca, which is like a potato, with a sauce called Huancaina sauce, and pisco sours. Then after the show we were served a delicious 3 course meal.

I was glad that we were able to do this on thanksgiving because at home everyone was celebrating, and here Thanksgiving isn’t a holiday. Although we weren’t eating turkey and mashed potatoes, it was still a delicious meal!

1463747_10201829778417584_1716200666_n

And below is a video that you can see how the horse dances with the dancer

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201829779297606&l=7470361459577514137

One thought on “Hacienda Mamacona

1. Wow that dance looks amazing! I would have never thought something like that existed. I was traveling on thanksgiving and had to settle for pizza so I know how you feel!