Week numero dos!

This week was filled with trying all kinds of spanish food that Barcelona has to offer. I tried Paella which is AMAZING. It’s a rice dish with chicken and vegetables! I was shocked to find out that Barcelona doesn’t have anything similar to mexican food or anything spicy; or it’s hard to find. I also went to Park Guell and it was breath taking! A bit of a hike but well worth it to see a view of all of Barcelona. It’s incredibly hot here! It will be like 80 degrees but feels like 90! Slowly getting used to it though. Learning how to ride the Metro system was surprisingly easy, its not hard to navigate so i’m getting the hang of it. Classes also started this week, I like them and they don’t seem terribly hard. Spanish is going to be a challenge though, one of my instructors doesn’t speak any english!

Park Guell

Park Guell

Chicken Paella

Paella

Park Guell, city view of Barcelona!

Park Guell, city view of Barcelona!

Park Guell

Park Guell

2 thoughts on “Week numero dos!

1. It sounds like you’re off to a good start–navigating the metro system, enjoying your classes, discovering things about the culture and food. Park Guell sounds amazing with it’s beautiful view. I would enjoy learning more about the park. Michele

2. I love Paella! I am in Perú and I was surprised to find out that the food here is NOT what you think when you think of Latin food. No tacos, burritos, tortillas, NOTHING like I expected. A lot of white rice, potatoes, bananas, and meat….and I mean every part of the animal when I say meat. One thing I have found here that I love are chicharrónes…It is fried pork in a sandwich with fried sweet potato and mayo..So delicious! 🙂