Arrival

Well, My flight went as good as a flight can go. I got a window seat bought a great book and time litterally flew by. I arrived to Denver which was where my layover was a little early. I was worried that even thought my second flight was also with United airlines that it was going to be in a terminal miles away from where I was. When I got off the plane I immediatly went to the flight screens to see where my next terminal was going to be. I looked at the screen in a panic trying to find my flight. Finally I see it Mexico City leaving 10:10 am Gate B18 I quickly look around to see where I was and the gate that I had just got off a was gate B18. Is that some luck or what? Then I waited calmly and met another person who was going to study abroad with me as well. He is from La Grande. We made conversation and then it was time to board. Well, that flight went just as good as the first one. A little more of a rough landing but we landed. I get off the plan, and everything and I mean everything is in Spanish. I’m hispanic so I kept thinking Mario your mexican you should be able to read signs. Well, I couldn’t because when I arrived to the immigration line I just followed the people ahead of me and get in a line. I then saw my buddy Erik walk by, I then saw him going to a different much smaller line and it read “Foreigners” the line I was in read “MEXICANOS”! Man, my first mess up. Well, I got passed that and picked up my bags. Made it to the bus stop and there we waited for a guy named Tanner and two girls to show up so we didn’t leave them alone. Well, It was a pretty nice welcome and I hope it goes that well the Entire time. I couldn’t reach any internet so thats why this one is so late. I will post about week 1 tomorrow. I will leave you with a screenshot of the Denver Airport that I took to study so I knew where to run when I arrived in Denver. That way you know what I was fearful of.

image

2 thoughts on “Arrival

1. I also flew into Denver on my way to London and I certainly wish I had studied a map of the airport before I went! My gates were at the two farthest ends of the terminal, but thankfully I had about two hours for my layover. Glad your flights went so smoothly and I hope the rest of your trip goes the same way!

2. I enjoyed your post and reading how you handled every uncertainty that arose or
    error that you made. Your positive attitude will serve you well. You are off to a great start. Michele