Week Four!

Well we are coming down to our last week of the program and its been nice to sort of take a break from going going going. We actually had a weekend where we just got to relax! We also finally had time to do our homework in a timely manner! This last weekend my Uncle came to visit from the states so I was able to spend a little time with him, showing him my home away from home. He loved it here! We went out with the group to dinner, on friday and he was able to practice his Spanish. Then saturday we went to a little Ghost Town called Pozos. It was AMAZING! We went down into a mine and even tried our hand at “mining”. Im thinking teaching is a better career choice for me… after that we went out to dinner with his host. Oh my gosh it was the BEST tacos I have eaten yet! The locals sure know how to pick the places! We stayed up until 2 or 3 in the morning just talking! Not sure if that was such a great idea though since we decided to go back to Bernal on Sunday! My Uncle wanted to hike to the top, and I said ok ill do it again! It was such an amazing experience the first time I couldn’t pass it up. Once we climbed Bernal, we went to a town called Taquisquiapan, where we met my host family for dinner and shopping! I am absolutely in love with this city and the people here. I will be saddened to leave in a week, but am also excited to see my family and friends back in the US. Screen shot 2013-07-28 at 11.10.50 AM

Screen shot 2013-07-28 at 11.11.04 AM

Screen shot 2013-07-28 at 11.13.56 AM

One thought on “Week Four!

1. Your weekend of relaxation sounds lovely, and it’s a great thing to have when you’re coming to the end of your program. And I’m delighted for you that you had the chance to show your uncle around. I think it’s a wonderful feeling to be able to share a place that has become special to you with a family member. Michele