Week 3!

Week 3 can be summed up in a picture or two, but I cannot upload pics to this blog so I will try my best to explain what I experienced. This week, I traveled to a remote village in the valley called Kuda. Our group took a bus to get there and every time the bus passed some small towns it felt like we were going back in time. The more we made it into the valley, the less amenities there were. Once we got to the village–which was a farming village–we were transported back in time. There were farmers using oxen to plow the fields, and mothers using stone tablets to cook food on. Then there were farmers sewing the fields with rice. I even got to help them plant some rice. Like I said, we were transported back in time and it was a humbling experience. I got to see what most foreigners never see. Usually foreigners stay in the city and see tourist attractions. As for me, I rather skip all the tourist attractions and see how real people live and interact. The attractions will always be there to take pictures.

Other than traveling I have been hard at work at the internship.

Kuda Tending to the rice Rice Fields

Tending to the fields

Tending to the fields

Just walkin the oxen

Just walkin the oxen

Village DSC00855 DSC00857 Rice Fields

It was raining pretty heavily

It was raining pretty heavily

DSC00863 Village DSC00865

from the left: Bhargov, Jatin, Dharmavirsingh, Vinish, Manda

Rice Fields

Just being happy

Just being happy

This is one of the interns named Bhargov

Sowing the rice

Workin real hard

Workin real hard

Rice Fields Fields

3 thoughts on “Week 3!

1. Wow, that sounds really interesting! What country are you in? I’m in a large city in Mexico with all of the modern conveniences so although it is different, it isn’t anything like what you are describing. I would love to visit a village like that someday.

2. I’m glad you’ve been able to visit the country side and to see the rural life of India–much, much different from the tourist experience.

If you would like to email me several photos each time you post with a short description about each, I would be happy to try to upload them to see if I can figure out the problem.

Michele