flight

Made It Safely to New Zealand, Auckland! Now just waiting to board the plane for Wellington. I left Portland Around 4:20 PM (fight was delayed an hour) we had to walk to the small plane and it was below freezing! (thanks Jolee, for the gloves!) Arrived in Vancouver,Canada and had to rush to my next fight because of the delay, but made it cause of the nice airport staff telling the plane I would be a bit late. Left Canada 6:30ish. The flight wasn’t too bad. We had 2 meals Supper (they didn’t get the pre-order for a veggie meal for me. The people in front of me heard this and gave me their salads, crackers and cheese. ^_^) and Breakfast (was fruit, yogurt, orange juice and a little more but I forget) . There was a lot of turbulence, it didn’t bother me to much. It reminded me of a fair ride or a roller coaster rider without the drops. Everyone had their own TV you could watch movies, TV shows, listen to music and much more. from 11 PM-6 AM Pacific time they turned off the lights and air-conditioning so we could sleep. The air was so dry I thought and any moment I would get a noise bleed. We landed at 5 am NZ time. When I went to get my checked luggage I found out that it missed it’s flight back in Canada.  Then when I went to my next flight I had to check one of my carry-on’s here 🙁 which cost me $185.40 O.O ouch! Arrived at 9:30 am NZ time in Wellington. Met Angela there and she took me to the Flat (apartment) and met Katie one of my Flatmates. Took a nap and then shopped for food. Ate and then went to sleep again. The weather here is so nice between 60-80 F and it’s clear sky. Very beautiful.

Amy

One thought on “flight

1. I’m glad you arrived safely, Amy. It sounds like you’re settling in well. I look forward to more of your posts. In your while abroad posts, use the DIVE technique described in the assignment menu above. DIVE is a fun way to learn to observe carefully and describe what you see or experience, to investigate and learn more about what interested you, to verify by talking to locals or using local resources, and then to explain to us what it all means. Michele