Arriving in France

The Charles de Gaulle airport was surprisingly quiet when I arrived late Tuesday night. I was expecting the airport to be full of people hectically trying to catch their flights. But to the contrary it was  peaceful and calm. After stepping off the plane and seeing all the boulangeries and patisseries in every corner of the airport it finally hit me that I was finally in France. I honestly wasn’t very excited to be in Paris. This is probably because I hadn’t slept in over 24 hours and jet lagged had most definitely kicked in. Also I was really nervous about getting my checked bags (before leaving I read online that the airline had a bad record of losing luggage). Thankfully everything made it across the Atlantic just fine.

The most interesting aspect of Paris was how many people spoke English and how well they spoke the language. Almost everyone that worked in customer service spoke English, all the servers, cashiers and information desk employees spoke English. A few times I actually forgot I was in France! On top of this, the amount of advertisement in English all over Paris was surprising. The majority of the ads were in English with French translations at the bottom. Really shows how important and international English is.

Oh, and the French LOVE The Weeknd, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a song in one day as much as I heard “I can’t feel my face”.

Another huge stereotype that was broken shortly after I arrived in Paris was that the Parisians are stuck up and rude. This was most definitely not my  experience. On my way to the hostel I got lost through the cobble stone street of Paris for about 30 minutes until a kind older women walked me all the way to the hostel. It took about 25 minutes to walk all the way there, without her help I would have been wondering the street all night long.

For now that is all!

IMG_6918 IMG_6916 IMG_6927