Pre-departure!

I apologize for this being a late post; I had a lot going on making sure everything was ready to go! However, I still wanted to share my pre-conceived thoughts of the town before I did my arrival blog!

Upon arrival I was very excited for this experience and nervous at the same time. I had no idea what the town was going to be like but I thought the people would be reserved but helpful if I were to ask a question. I heard the food was pretty bland, which made me nervous because I love food! I thought they only would have a drink with dinner, not drink as often as those in the states do.  I was able to have conversations with quit a few people that had traveled to London before so I got to hear about their experience!  From them I learned that they drink a lot here and if you weren’t much of a drinker that they would change you.  Which really didn’t go with what I expected, but I rarely drink and so I was planning to stick to what I’m comfortable with while here!  They also told me about the food how they have baked beans on toast and have delicious fish and chips!

I also expected the dorms here to be community styled living, similar to the dorms at western but with some differences. I thought I would be living with a group of 8, all having single rooms but sharing a kitchen and living area.  So then we could all go grocery shopping together and split the costs.

I’ve never flown or traveled by myself so I expect this to be a huge learning experience for myself but that is part of what makes it so exciting! I’m nervous to have to say goodbye to my friends and family but I’m sure once I get their time will fly and it’ll be over before I know it so I plan on making the most of it!

Alyssa

One thought on “Pre-departure!

1. Preconceived notions are so interesting. They may have grains of truth in them, but on arrival, once one begins to look beyond these notions, there’s so much to discover. Michele