The Last of Beautiful Barcelona

The last month has been absolutely crazy- well make that the last two months, actually. I’m so far behind on updating the blog and I apologize! There are no shortage of photos and stories though. Below are some of the last photos of my final weeks in beautiful Barcelona. I’ve been in the states for 2 weeks now, back in Portland for one; I can already tell you I’m missing Europe and am already scheming on my next adventures! I’ve caught a bad case of the travel bug.
Below are some photos from an awesome Catalan cooking class we took in our final weeks in Barcelona. We made tradition dishes including paella, tortilla de patata (Spanish omelet made with potatoes), creme de Catalan (sort of like the French creme brulee), and a tomato-gazpacho-shot thing. I’ve taken a few cooking classes and I never leave disappointed. I love to learn & I love to cook. We had a great time and I’m excited to whip up some paella one night here when I’m feeling extra nostalgic of my days in Spain.
Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
On my last day of my Spanish sports class, we toured the famous FC Barcelona stadium, Camp Nou. So impressive. It was great to visit the stadium again, especially after learning about the fascinating history- the team served as Catalan symbol of perseverance and unity under the Franco dictatorship. FC Barca is arguably one of the best teams in the world so I’m glad we took advantage of the behind-the-scenes tour of Camp Nou.
Photos below from my last day at Carmel 29- my Spanish home away from home. I can’t even stress how fortunate I was to spend the majority of my time abroad. Carmen and Teti, the two sisters who were like my 3rd and 4th grandmas, were the most fun, supportive, and interesting ladies. They went above and beyond what their “host-mom duties” called for and really make it their mission to feel all who enter their home feel like family.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Below a photo from our “farewell dinner.”  Really fortunate to share my experience abroad with these two ladies, Lynsday & Taylor. Lynsday lives in California, Taylor in Colorado. I definitely plan on visiting them in the near future. We traveled together and we laughed together, we missed our families together… We shared some important experiences that I can’t say I’ve shared with all of my friends here at home. Very blessed.
Image

4 thoughts on “The Last of Beautiful Barcelona

1. Welcome home! I’m delighted that you loved Barcelona and are now looking forward to more international experiences. Your cooking class looked like so much fun. I think food is the best way to connect across cultures. Michele

2. Now that your back and can look back at the experience as a whole what was your favorite thing or experience in Spain, which I am actually going to this weekend although I am visiting Madrid.

• My favorite experience in Spain…that’s a tough one! I would have to say the friendships I made there- both with my program friends, teachers, and host family were more valuable to me than any of the monuments or restaurants 🙂 I visited Madrid for a weekend- a cool city. Preferred Barcelona but I’m just biased. Hope you enjoyed the country!