4 thoughts on “Football Association 101

1. This is more of a side comment to the beginning of your post. When I began to read “Football, Soccer, Fussball; whatever you want to call it” it made me laugh a little. I know the comment itself is not funny, but I recently had a misunderstanding involving the name. I assumed that all Europe referred to soccer as football. I am currently interning in Ireland and my host family has a daughter who plays “football”. I have always loved soccer and started to go on and on about soccer. Well after some confusion I later learned that “football” here is more of a combination of rugby and soccer. While there are some similarities to soccer there are a lot of differences, like tackling!

2. I’m studying in Barcelona, home to arguably the best team in the world FC Barca 🙂 You’re so right about how important football is here in Europe- socially, politically. It’s like a religion, I don’t think Americans and their love for American football can even compare!

• I am really glad that others are having the same soccer experiences as I am. Don’t mean to be mean, but the Munich soccer team just beat barca, the clash of the titans!