BY AMANDA CLARKE STAFF WRITER
Open-Mic Night was held in the Willamette Room of the Werner University Center by the Student Activities Board on Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 7 p.m.
Members of the audience volunteered and sang karaoke songs.
“It gives students a break and a chance to get their talents out,” said Kara Kelsey, a member of the SAB.
There was a wide variety of music, including Spanish songs, songs by the Beach Boys and “Happy Birthday,” which was performed for one of the audience members.
“I really like to get the audience involved,” SAB Small Programs Coordinator Kevin Alejandrez said, who participated in the karaoke and let the audience pick the song he sang.
Members of Kappa Delta Chi also performed.
The next Open Mic Night will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 3.
- A day of support and empowerment
- DIY face masks for every skin type
- Marching for DREAMers
- Thorns bring home second trophy, Timbers punch ticket to playoffs
- Wolves’ volleyball sees double loss to Alaska teams
- Getting festive for a horror fan-favorite
- BloodyVox Floods Rice Auditorium
- True stories of ordinary people