BY AMANDA CLARKE STAFF WRITER
Open-Mic Night was held in the Willamette Room of the Werner University Center by the Student Activities Board on Tuesday, Jan. 6 at 7 p.m.
Members of the audience volunteered and sang karaoke songs.
“It gives students a break and a chance to get their talents out,” said Kara Kelsey, a member of the SAB.
There was a wide variety of music, including Spanish songs, songs by the Beach Boys and “Happy Birthday,” which was performed for one of the audience members.
“I really like to get the audience involved,” SAB Small Programs Coordinator Kevin Alejandrez said, who participated in the karaoke and let the audience pick the song he sang.
Members of Kappa Delta Chi also performed.
The next Open Mic Night will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 3.
- Getting creative with your dates
- Flower sculpture springs to life in front of education center
- Celebrating culture and identity
- Review: “Beautiful People Will Ruin Your Life”
- Review: “Text Me When You Get Home”
- Delicious Combinations offers a new take on Monmouth cuisine
- Lowering your electric bill made easy
- Men’s team extends streak to 16