Home » Telecommunications
Telecommunications provides telephone services and network data connections to the WOU campus.
Telecommunication Services is part of the University Computing Department. We are located in the ITC building, room 009.
You may contact us at:
ph:503-838-8010 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed Monthly Recurring Rates effective Jul 1st, 2017
- Analog Phone: $22 / month
- Digital Phone: $26 / month
- IP Phone: $26 / month
- Fax / Stand-alone Voicemail / Modem / etc: $19 / month
- Wired Network Connection: $16 / month
- WiFi in combination with wired workstation: $13 / month per person
- WiFi without a wired workstation: $21 / month
Monthly Recurring Rates
- Analog Phone: $21 / month
- Digital Phone: $25 / month
- IP Phone: $25 / month
- Fax / Stand-alone Voicemail / Modem / etc: $18 / month
- Wired Network Connection: $15 / month
- WiFi in combination with wired workstation: $12 / month per person
- WiFi without a wired workstation: $20 / month
Labor and Materials Charge
Work performed by a Telecommunications Technician is charged to a department or project index at $35/hr. A typical line activation is completed in one to two hours. Estimates can be provided for more complex work orders.
Any new phone or accessory required for a work order is billed at cost to the customer’s index.
Note: there is no charge for repairing or disconnecting services
Services provided by Telecommunication Services include:
- Activating new or relocating existing telephone stations
- note: moving an existing extension requires a Telecom technician
- Repair for voice and data lines
- Telephone and voice mail assistance
- Long distance authorization codes
- Conference speakerphone and audio conference reservation
- Telephone and network service billing
- Calling card checkout
Cellphone Forwarding Now Available
Mobile and remote staff and faculty now have the option of linking a cellphone to a WOU deskphone extension. This feature makes it easier to reach highly-mobile members of campus, with the convenience and privacy of only having to call a single WOU phone number.
2013 Voicemail transition
- VIDEO: Voicemail setup and introduction
- Printable voicemail user guide updated 04/12/13
- Frequently Asked Questions updated 01/09/13
To submit a work order to Telecommunications
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Include the following information in your e-mail:
- Department name
- Contact name and extension
- Index to charge
- Description of work to be requested
- 6400 and 6220 series button template
- Current Cell Phone Allowance form (under “Employment Forms”)
- Long distance dialing instructions
- Phone instructions for IP phones
- 6400 series instruction sheet
- 6200 series instruction sheet
- Cellular phone discounts for WOU staff available from
(updated Spring ’16 with Salem-area retail stores):
- All IP and digital stations at WOU can initiate six party audio conferences.
Staff and Faculty wireless signup
Enrolled students are automatically granted access to the Western’s wireless network. Staff and Faculty can sign up for wireless by visiting wou.edu/wireless