Skip to main content
Switch to text-only version
Get accessibility information and assistance

Information on grants

Grants (funds that do not require repayment) are available to eligible undergraduates only.


For Grant Eligibility Visit:

Taxability of various types of educational assistance

Note: Some or all of your financial aid (from scholarships, fellowships, need-based education grants, and qualified tuition reductions) may be considered taxable income. Please consult IRS Publication 970, Chapter 1 for more information.


return to top

Information on work study

Federal work study program The Federal Work Study Program is available to eligible undergraduate and graduate students. This program provides funds for employing students who qualify for part-time jobs either on-campus or off-campus in community service positions. The amount that you earn is limited to the amount that appears on your award letter. However, once you have earned the amount noted on your award letter, you may petition the Financial Aid Office to increase your work study funds.

You will receive an hourly wage based on the type of work you do, your skills and your experience. You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week except during vacation periods when up to 40 hours per week is allowed. You will be paid monthly based on the number of hours you worked in the pay period. It is your responsibility to locate a job.

You are not guaranteed a job or that you will earn the total work-study amount listed on your award letter. You may view current job postings by clicking here.

Community service work study program Federal Work Study can be used in such community service areas as health care, child care, literacy training, education, welfare, public safety, crime prevention and control, rural development, and community improvement. Using work-study in this way allows students to work in direct service roles with their local community and still earn money.

If you are eligible for Federal Work-Study, we encourage you to look at the opportunities available to you, or develop your own job. If you know of a community or social agency that may want to participate in the off-campus federal work study program, contact the Service Learning and Career Development Office at 503-838-8432.

return to top


Financial Aid Office 
toll free 1-877-877-1593 | or e-mail:
Location:Administration Building, Room 310