Sign-up Process for Alumni
- Register here and follow these steps to complete a profile
- Fill your profile out completely and thoroughly – allowing students to get a better sense of who you are.
- Keep an eye on the email account you registered with for contacts from students and program updates.
- Connect with the university and current students
- Learn how to be a sounding board for mentees while sharing your knowledge and experience
- Flexibility – we know you have a busy schedule, so the program is designed to give you control over the number of contacts from students per month. It is up to each pair how and what type of mentoring will take place.
- Set your relationship expectations right away about when and how you will connect with your mentee.
- Approach your mentorship relationship with respect, professionalism, and an open mind.
- Respond to communications from your mentee in a timely manner.
- Listen and ask open-ended questions to help your mentee think through and articulate their direction at WOU and beyond.
- Since this is a new and developing program, please send any feedback and suggestions for improvement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help us spread the word. If you have a great experience with this program, tell fellow classmates and members of your WOU network.
- Reach out with any questions or concerns to email@example.com or 503-838-8432.