The Office of Study Abroad and International Exchanges provides diverse international programs and opportunities to WOU's students, faculty, and staff, and supports the university’s goal of increasing participation in and advancing programs that facilitate understanding and the exchange of people and ideas in international, multicultural, and cross-cultural arenas.
What We Do
- Provide optimal experiences abroad for students that combine learning inside and outside the classroom.
- Work with students before they leave and after they return to help integrate their experiences into their Western Oregon University undergraduate careers.
- Advise students about their study abroad and international internship options and assist them in finding the programs that best meet their needs.
- Identify and encourage outstanding students to apply for prestigious awards such as the Fulbright Student Program, Rhodes Scholarship, etc.
- Continuously assess and improve study abroad and international internship programs at WOU.
- Inform faculty about international teaching and research opportunities.
- Develop opportunities for international exchange and dialogue.
- Strive to be creative, proactive, and responsive, and to emulate and set best practices in the education abroad field.
- Foster appreciation of other cultures as well as our own and recognize how the creative contributions of all peoples enhance our quality of life.
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
Forum on Education Abroad
Association of International Administrators (AIEA)
Western Oregon University is committed to working with students with disabilities to help them identify study abroad programs and resources that may meet their needs. For more information, contact WOU's Office of Disability Services. A list of resources follows:
Mobility International USA
Independent Living Institute
Country Reports on Human Rights Practices