- Degree: Master of Science in Management and Information Systems
- College: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Department: Business and Computer Science
Applications are welcome for Fall 2014 admission until August 1, 2014.
Graduate Programs Application Requirements
WOU Graduate School Office – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed WOU Application for Graduate Admission form . Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building office 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of undergraduate coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- $60 non refundable application fee
M.S.MIS Admission Requirements
Admission to the M.S. in Management and Information Systems program first requires admission to the University Graduate Programs. The Master of Science in Management & Information Systems graduate program invites applications for admission from students meeting the following requirements:
- Meet all requirements for admission to the Graduate School of Western Oregon University
- Have completed the following undergraduate coursework with a grade of C or better (see the application for more information)
- Financial Accounting (BA 211 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (EC 201 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Programming using a modern language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python (CS 161, CS 133 or equivalent)
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics (MTH 243 or equivalent)
- Calculus or Discrete Mathematics (MTH 251 or BA 240 or MTH 241 or MTH 231 or equivalent)
- Submit a Management & Information Systems Program Application, which includes:
- A current resume
- Answers to questions about your background and career goals
- A writing sample
- Unofficial transcripts showing evidence of the completed coursework listed above
- Three sealed letters of recommendation