This management of information systems degree is for business majors who want advanced training in their field while adding Information Systems skills to their educational vitae or Information Systems students/professionals seeking graduate work.
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Completion of required UG courses
- Knowledge of programming language widely used in industry
Finishing will take:
- 2 years
- Can be finished in as few as four terms
- 48 credits
- A professional project
Begin your Masters of Science in Management and Information Systems program:
- Fall 2015
Where you will take classes:
- On campus
Technology you will need:
- Internet connection
Where this degree can take you:
- Business Management
- Business Analyst
- Teaching at the college level
- Advancement in current IT career
What you will learn:
This program is designed to provide students with a mature foundation of business concepts and practices together with theoretical knowledge of the fundamental disciplines and practices that enable modern information systems. Courses are designed and taught by content experts, with Business courses taught by Business faculty and Information Systems courses taught by Computer Science faculty.
Learning outcomes:Students in this program will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the core foundational computing principles that underlie modern information systems.
- Demonstrate the technical communication skills needed to interact with IT industry professionals.
- Learn fundamental business practices (e.g., accounting, finance, data analysis, management, and marketing) which will enhance their ability to understand a business’s information needs and to develop better systems to address those needs.