Professional Educators who would like to further their education of curriculum and instruction
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Background in Education
Finishing will take:
- 2 years
- 45 credits
- A master's thesis, professional project, or comprehensive exams
Begin your masters in curriculum and instruction program:
Where you will take classes:
- On campus
- Online/distance fall, winter, spring, and summer
Technology you will need:
- Internet connection
- Video conferencing capability (e.g., Skype)
- Printer (optional)
Licensing required:Most applicants are licensed teachers, however licensure is not required.
Where this degree can take you:
- Teaching K-12
- Professional curriculum and development
- Preparation for doctoral programs
What you will learn:
The masters degree in curriculum and design provides rigorous training where we focus deeply on curriculum and instruction issues, research, and pedagogy within a chosen content area. The program supports training and opportunities for students to pursue their commitment to professional excellence and leadership.
- Advance knowledge of the teaching/learning process and demonstrate an exemplary level of competence in all aspects of teaching.
- Increase knowledge of content information and materials.
- Show commitment to professional leadership.