To incorporate a contemporary music curriculum that extends to music of the European art tradition, jazz, American vernacular and music of Non-western cultures. Encourages connections among diverse musical cultures, between and within the arts and other expressions of human endeavor, and supports creativity, innovation, and discovery as students prepare for future professional involvement.
- Be knowledgeable and articulate about the practices and works of the music from the 20th and 21st centuries, as well as the core of musical knowledge prior to these centuries.
- Develop advanced levels of expertise in their concentration areas and apply that knowledge in a broad range of musical environments.
- Develop self-awareness as artists, educators, and musical leaders.
This program requires 54 credit to complete the degree.
The 54 credit degree consists of the following course requirements:
- Common Core-12 credit hours
- Ensemble-6 credit hours
- Applied Performance Studies-24 credit hours
- Approved Electives-12 credit hours