Student Employment Checklist for Supervisors
This checklist serves as a guide for supervisors to complete all necessary steps for student employment.
► Prior to Hire
- Post position in WolfLink.
- Advertise opening.
- Review resumes.
- Begin interview process.
- Review employment eligibility.
- Student Employment Requirements
- Employment of Minors
- International Students/F-1 Visa
- Extend offer and give employee official start date.
► Prior to Employee’s Start Date
- Provide employee with student employment paperwork.
- Retain a signed copy of Student Employee Information for student personnel records.
- Send employee to Payroll Office to complete employment paperwork and obtain
- Review the Student Employment Policy
- Give student access to any necessary systems.
► On Employee’s Start Date
- Collect Student Employment Authorization and retain a copy for student personnel records. This must be authorized by Payroll before employee can work.
- Review hire information with employee, including information about schedule, timesheets, pay periods, and pay days.
- Have employee complete any department specific forms and trainings.