The MCR Workshop is where students come together with their mentors to achieve and perform an activity.
Nuestra Fiesta Latina
MSU invites everyone to Nuestra Fiesta Latina with activities for all ages, entertainment such as mariachi music, salsa and merengue dancing, traditional food and a “baile” to end the day. This event strives to bring together individuals from our local community and our campus community to celebrate and experience the Latino culture. Read more
MSSP/MSU Recognition Dinner
To congratulate the On-Track, Diversity Scholars, and MSU Exec Board members who will be graduating from Western Oregon University. This event is to recognize their achievement in successfully completing their bachelor’s degree and to celebrate their involvement with the Multicultural Student Services and Programs Office. Read More
- The Office of Multicultural Student Services & Programs is committed to the recruitment and retention of underrepresented & underserved populations by providing educational opportunities and outstanding programming for ethnic and culturally diverse students. MSSP strives to foster a supportive environment for students of color to live, learn and grow as active members of the Western Oregon University community and as individuals.
- Organizing and presenting workshops focused on preparing students to enter higher education.
- Assisting prospective students and families with admissions and financial aid.
- Providing personal support and guidance to currently enrolled students.
- Assisting with general academic and career advisement.
- Making students aware of scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- Connecting students to educational resources on and off campus.
- Coordinate annual programming that focuses on first generation, low-income and/or culturally underrepresented students.
- Advising the Multicultural Student Union (MSU).
- Assisting MSU with the organization and implementation of campus-wide cultural events.
- Networking and establishing communications with community-based organizations.
- Coordinating the Diversity Scholars Program.
- Coordinating the On-Track Program.
- Advising the Multicultural Representatives.