Mark your calendar
Diversity Scholar Recognition
An annual program to welcome the incoming students to Western Oregon University who have been awarded the Diversity Scholarship offered through the MSSP office. Read more
Dia De Los Muertos
Dia de los Muertos (The Day of the Dead) is a time for the spirit of the deceased to return home and visit loved ones, feast on their favorite foods and listen to their favorite music. MSU honors our deceased with ofrendas, or offerings, which may consist of photographs, bread, other foods, flowers, toys and other symbolic offerings. Read more
Out and Proud
This event celebrates and explores the various cultures and ethnic backgrounds that are within the LGBTQ community and recognizes their challenges as well as celebrates their achievements and success. Read more
- The Office of Multicultural Student Services & Programs is committed to the recruitment and retention of underrepresented & underserved populations by providing educational opportunities and outstanding programming for ethnic and culturally diverse students. MSSP strives to foster a supportive environment for students of color to live, learn and grow as active members of the Western Oregon University community and as individuals.
- Organizing and presenting workshops focused on preparing students to enter higher education.
- Assisting prospective students and families with admissions and financial aid.
- Providing personal support and guidance to currently enrolled students.
- Assisting with general academic and career advisement.
- Making students aware of scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- Connecting students to educational resources on and off campus.
- Coordinate annual programming that focuses on first generation, low-income and/or culturally underrepresented students.
- Advising the Multicultural Student Union (MSU).
- Assisting MSU with the organization and implementation of campus-wide cultural events.
- Networking and establishing communications with community-based organizations.
- Coordinating the Diversity Scholars Program.
- Coordinating the On-Track Program.
- Advising the Multicultural Representatives.