MSSP/MSU Recognition Dinner
To congratulate the On-Track, Diversity Scholars, and MSU Exec Board members who will be graduating from Western Oregon University. This event is to recognize their achievement in successfully completing their bachelor’s degree and to celebrate their involvement with the Multicultural Student Services and Programs Office. Read More
- The Office of Multicultural Student Services & Programs is committed to the recruitment and retention of underrepresented & underserved populations by providing educational opportunities and outstanding programming for ethnic and culturally diverse students. MSSP strives to foster a supportive environment for students of color to live, learn and grow as active members of the Western Oregon University community and as individuals.
- Organizing and presenting workshops focused on preparing students to enter higher education.
- Assisting prospective students and families with admissions and financial aid.
- Providing personal support and guidance to currently enrolled students.
- Assisting with general academic and career advisement.
- Making students aware of scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- Connecting students to educational resources on and off campus.
- Coordinate annual programming that focuses on first generation, low-income and/or culturally underrepresented students.
- Advising the Multicultural Student Union (MSU).
- Assisting MSU with the organization and implementation of campus-wide cultural events.
- Networking and establishing communications with community-based organizations.
- Coordinating the Diversity Scholars Program.
- Coordinating the On-Track Program.
- Advising the Multicultural Representatives.