Out and Proud
This event celebrates and explores the various cultures and ethnic backgrounds that are within the LGBTQ community and recognizes their challenges as well as celebrates their achievements and success. Read more
African American Awareness Celebration
During the African-American Awareness Celebration, we honor the many contributions of African-Americans. From historical figures to today’s prominent leaders, we recognize this rich culture and its traditions through music, food and celebration. Read more
Women of Culture
Women of Culture Celebration aims to honor and acknowledge the diversity within women in different communities. The purpose of this event is to bring awareness to our campus by providing workshops, keynote speakers and a variety of interactive activities involving different issues and aspects that affect women. This event is inclusive Learn more
- The Office of Multicultural Student Services & Programs is committed to the recruitment and retention of underrepresented & underserved populations by providing educational opportunities and outstanding programming for ethnic and culturally diverse students. MSSP strives to foster a supportive environment for students of color to live, learn and grow as active members of the Western Oregon University community and as individuals.
- Organizing and presenting workshops focused on preparing students to enter higher education.
- Assisting prospective students and families with admissions and financial aid.
- Providing personal support and guidance to currently enrolled students.
- Assisting with general academic and career advisement.
- Making students aware of scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
- Connecting students to educational resources on and off campus.
- Coordinate annual programming that focuses on first generation, low-income and/or culturally underrepresented students.
- Advising the Multicultural Student Union (MSU).
- Assisting MSU with the organization and implementation of campus-wide cultural events.
- Networking and establishing communications with community-based organizations.
- Coordinating the Diversity Scholars Program.
- Coordinating the On-Track Program.
- Advising the Multicultural Representatives.