How to Apply
Application Process for Maurice Challenge
- You only need to have good ideas and a plan to win, but you also need to make the deadlines.
- Applicants must have turned in their Intent to Participate form by 4pm on October 27th.
- Come to our information session in WUC to find out more on Tuesday, October 3rd or Wednesday, October 11th.
Step 1: Intent to Participate
- Download and fill out the competition application (Intent to Participate form).
- Write a description of the project (type-written and no more than 500 words). Remember we are looking for an innovative project, not just a research paper
- The description of the project and the application must be submitted by 4p.m. on October 27, 2017. You may submit it electronically to email@example.com.
- The “Intent to Participate Form” must be hard copy, handed in to: Daryl Thomas, Health and Exercise Science Division; RWEC 230.
Step 2: Work on your project
Step 3: Final Analysis
- At the conclusion of the project, each individual (or team) should write or create a formal analysis of the project.
- The analysis must be submitted by 4p.m. on Friday, April 20, 2018. You may submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finalists will be chosen by the Maurice Challenge Review Committee and asked to present their materials in the evening of May 15 or 17, 2018.
- Finalists will also be asked to submit their work to the Hamersly Library Digital Archive.
- The Maurice Challenge Review Committee will then evaluate all of the finalists’ projects and announce a winner at the Academic Excellence Showcase.
Download the complete guideline documents here.
|Competition announced||September 25, 2017|
|Information Sessions||Tuesday, October 3 and Wednesday, October 11|
|Intent to Participate Due||October 27, 2017 by 4 pm|
|Confirmation of eligibility to participate||November 3, 2017|
|Final Analysis Due||April 20, 2018 by 4 pm|
|Committee Review of Analysis||May (1-4), 2018|
|Finalists Notified||May 1, 2017|
|Finalist Presentations||May (15 or 17), 2018 (set meeting time)|
|Winner Annouced||May 31, 2018 Academic Excellence Showcase|