Awareness and appreciation of the geographic dimensions of society.
The vision of the Department of Geography is to be recognized for excellence in teaching and scholarship, and graduating students who are critical thinkers with a keen awareness and appreciation of the geographic dimensions of society.
Towards this vision, the department considers its mission to:
- Offer a rigorous disciplinary structure for students to major or minor in geography;
- Provide undergraduate students with geographic education within the context of the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum (LACC);
- Support, and assist in the development of, undergraduate and graduate programs throughout the university by offering relevant geography courses for those programs.
Geographers seek to understand
- Why things are located where they are
- How places differ from one another, and
- How people interact with the environment
If you answer YES! to any of the following questions,
then you may wish to consider majoring, or minoring, in geography
- Are you curious about places?
- Do you like to study maps?
- Are you interested in International issues?
- Do you try to see the big picture?
- Are you a problem solver?
- Do you like to work outside?
For more information please contact,
Dr. Sriram Khé, 838-8852, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mike McGlade, 838-8381, email@example.com
Department Chair: Dr. Shaun Huston, 838-8296, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mark Van Steeter, 838-8855, email@example.com