Students completing the Gerontology major will:
- Have a greater appreciation for the specific needs of older adults.
- Know about major demographic and epidemiological trends related to older adults.
- Gain knowledge about the cognitive, physical, and social changes associated with older adulthood.
- Develop an interdisciplinary perspective by taking courses in health, political science, or communications.
- Gain knowledge of end-of-life issues
- Have knowledge of the physical, mental and social changes common in older adulthood.
- Develop an understanding of the long-term care and housing industry.