International Student Services Update: Students not planning to enroll full time at WOU for FALL term need to submit paperwork to the OIED office no later than October 26, 2016. For detailed information visit F-1 Rules and Regulations Departing WOU page.
Fall Term Workshops for International Students
WHY CHOOSE WESTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY
- In 2014 WOU was recognized as one of the top 100 colleges or universities in America and the only one in the Pacific Northwest in adding economic value and benefit to its graduates
- WOU was an inaugural winner of the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award recognized by Insight Into Higher Education on November 15, 2012. This award recognizes universities and colleges that have demonstrated the highest level of commitment and action towards fostering a campus community that celebrates all the many facets of diversity.
- Ackerman Residence Hall, opened fall 2010, has received multiple awards for its environmentally friendly design and operations. Green Home Authority named Ackerman as one of the ten eco-friendliest dorms in the country in 2011
- Parade Magazine listed WOU as one of the top twenty small state schools for 2010. WOU was noted for its small classes and exceptional services for first generation to college students.
- The National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) has recognized fourteen Western Oregon University faculty and staff for academic advising (three in 2008, one in 2009, two in 2010, two in 2011, one in 2012, four in 2013, and one in 2014).