Applications to the Honors Program may be submitted at any time for the upcoming fall. Acceptance notices will be sent on a rolling basis. The program generally fills to capacity by the end of July. The materials below are also available at every Preview and SOAR day at WOU.
- Click here to apply online
- Click here to download a saveable application — This PDF file can be filled, saved, and emailed back to us.
- Click here for our one page Promotional Flyer (from campus Preview Days)
- Click here for a 2-page overview of the Honors_Program — This file concisely surveys the history, tracks, coursework, and main benefits of the Honors Program.
- Click here for a list of the top 10 reasons to join WOU Honors
- Click here for a handy checklist of Honors Program_Requirements
Current High School Students
Entering freshman are considered for admission to the program on the basis of their high school grade point average (GPA), Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score and/or ACT score, activities resume, and their completed application.
Students with at least a minimum 3.5 high school G.P.A, a cumulative score on the reading and math sections of the SAT of 1150 or more, or ACT scores of 23 or more are encouraged to apply.
Students who do not meet these guidelines yet who wish to work in a more challenging learning environment are also welcome to apply. No one is a “walking number.”
Application for admission to Western Oregon University must be made separately and admission to Honors is conditional upon separate admission to WOU.
Current College or Transfer Students
The Honors Program generally requires four years to complete. It is incompatible with any programs that require students to transfer for their junior/senior year (pre-nursing) or have a separate liberal arts track (Bachelor of Music degrees). Under some circumstances, transfer or current students who expect to be at WOU for a minimum of three years can be admitted. Please contact the Honors Office and Director to see if this would be possible for you.