Reading Endorsement/Certificate Program
Your best preparation for the Reading Program:
To be admitted, you should already have:
- Valid teaching license
- Desire to thrive as a literacy educator and leader
Steps in applying to Reading program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to Reading Program
- We let you know via email about university acceptance within 7 days of receiving all application materials.
Deadlines and key dates:
Graduate students may apply to the program any term.
- Apply directly to Graduate Programs within 30 days of the beginning of the term you plan to start.
Detailed application requirements:
If you don’t live in Oregon and are applying for an online program:
We welcome applications from residents of most states. Distance students in other states may face additional restrictions regarding program admission and activity. Visit our State Authorization page to learn more.
- Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form: Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building Office 107. You must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the Reading endorsement program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- Applicants not meeting the minimum GPA requirement may be considered with a passing score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Minimum required score for the MAT: 395. Minimum required score for the GRE Verbal Reasoning: 148, Quantitative Reasoning: 147, Analytical Writing: 3.5
- Apply for Reading Endorsement/Certificate Program admission:
After meeting university requirements, applicants must meet in person with an Reading advisor to complete and sign an Reading Endorsement/Certificate Contract.
- Program application form: Complete the Reading Endorsement program application form.
- Hear back from us.
- Enroll in classes! (You will have to pay a one-time $300 matriculation fee at this point.)