M.A. Criminal Justice
Individuals currently working in the field of criminal justice and its ancillary professions. Criminal Justice masters programs provides students with academic foundation for managerial and other advanced professional roles in the field of criminal justice.
Where this degree can take you:
- Management roles within criminal justice field
- Teaching at community college level
- Preparation for doctoral programs
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or social science
- Background in criminal justice (not required, but desired)
- Desire to further your professional career
Begin your Online Master of Arts in Criminal Justice program:
- Next term
Finishing will take:
- 45 credits
- A master’s thesis, professional project, or comprehensive exams
Where you will take classes:
- Online/distance fall, winter, spring
Technology you will need:
- Computer with internet connection
- Video conferencing capability (e.g., Skype)
What you will learn:
This degree will teach students how to conduct social science research and learn how to apply these methods toward solving the actual problems encountered in the administration of justice.
- Analyze the organizational structures and management challenges that define the field of criminal justice.
- Use methods of social science research to investigate problems and questions in the field of criminal justice.
- Apply theory-to-practice within the criminal justice environment.