Home » M.S. in Education: Deaf & Hard of Hearing Education » DHHE: Application Requirements
M.S. in Education: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education
Your best preparation for the MSEd: DHHE program:
To be admitted, you should already have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Desire to thrive as a professional Deaf Educator with a diverse population of students
- LING 210
- SPED 418/518
- PSY 201 or PSY 218
- TPD 456/556
Steps in applying to MSEd: DHHE program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to Master of Science in Education: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education (DHHE) program
- We will let you know via email about university acceptance within 7 days of interview process completion
Deadlines and key dates:
- Apply directly to Graduate Programs by April, 2019.
- Apply to the program by April 1, 2019.
- Our 2018 cohort is full
Detailed application requirements:
- Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
If you don’t live in Oregon and are applying for an online program:
We welcome applications from residents of most states. However, Western Oregon University is unable to accept new distance students residing in Alabama and Maryland at this time. Distance students in some other states may face additional restrictions regarding program admission and activity. Visit our State Authorization page to learn more.
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form: Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building Office 107. You must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the Master of Science in Education program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- $60 application fee
- Fee is valid for one academic year.
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- Applicants not meeting the minimum GPA requirement may be considered with a passing score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Minimum required score for the MAT: 395. Minimum required score for the GRE Verbal Reasoning: 148, Quantitative Reasoning: 147, Analytical Writing: 3.5
- Apply for Master of Science in Education: DHHE program admission:
Process: You will be notified via email regarding status within 7 days of receiving a complete application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if you are missing any application components.
Admission to the graduate program adheres to the guidelines laid down for general admission to the Graduate Programs at WOU, along with the following steps of application (all forms require Adobe Reader™ to save and create your digital signature):
- Hear back from us.
- Enroll in classes! (You will have to pay a one-time $300 matriculation fee at this point.)
All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.