M.S. in Education: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education
Future educators who would want to teach children that are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Pre-requisite courses
- ASL coursework
Finishing will take:
- 2 years
- 68 credits
- Research Project
Begin your MSEd in Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education program:
- Fall term 2019 (online)
- Our Fall 2018 cohort is full
Where you will take classes:
Technology you will need:
- Internet connection
Where this degree can take you:
- Teaching K-12
- Preparation for doctoral programs
What you will learn:
The masters degree in Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education will instill the educational knowledge that benefits children, families, and communities.
- Develop and apply foundational knowledge and theories of educational thought, including various epistemological frameworks to the implementation of their teaching practice.
- Analyze various linguistic, social and cultural perspectives in Deaf Education, and how they contribute to cognitive and academic development of students.
- Collaborate effectively in various educational settings with other service professionals who are involved in the education of Deaf and Hard of Hearing students.