November 27, 2018
3:15 - 5:15 p.m.
Business 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Willamette Room, WUC
<Agenda 2018-11-13 (TBA)
Draft Minutes 2018-11-13 (TBA)
4.1. Faculty Senate President's Report (TBA) (Greg Zobel)
4.2. University President's Report (TBA) (Rex Fuller)
4.3. Interim Provost's Report (TBA) (Rob Winningham)
4.4. IFS Report (Tad Shannon)
4.5. GenEd Committee Report (TBA) (Breeann Flesch)
5.1. WOU General Education Course Transfer Articulation Guidelines (PDF) (Breeann Flesch)
5.2. Oregon Transfer Compass Alignment (PDF) (Breeann Flesch)
The mission of the Faculty Senate is to lead faculty in fulfilling their responsibilities in the shared governance of the university and to represent faculty interests to university and community stakeholders. The Faculty Senate serves as a liaison between faculty and administration. Responsibilities include the following:
- ensuring that academic freedom is encouraged and protected;
- overseeing curriculum development that promotes student learning in alignment with identified university student learning goals and outcomes;
- participating in the review and implementation of the strategic plan of the university;
- informing faculty about university policies, procedures, and substantive changes made by the administration; and
- making recommendations to faculty and administration on policies to improve the learning environment.
Documents and Links
Faculty Senate President, Gregory Zobel