Moodle Support staff
Weiwei Zhang, Ph.D Academic Technologist (go to staff page)
- Assist faculty and staff in the development of course materials and other instructional projects involving the use of technology.
- Assist faculty with online and hybrid course design.
- Conduct and coordinate faculty training and development activities that encourage innovative use of technology for teaching and learning.
- Support and coordinate functional aspects of LMS (Moodle). Troubleshooting technical issues and providing end-user support directly to faculty, staff, and students.
- Develop and maintain documentation in support of instructional technology.
- Maintain currency on the uses of technology in teaching and learning, tracking current literature, learning and evaluating emerging technologies.
- Research areas:
- Technology in teaching and learning
- Instructional Design
- Student engagement in online environment
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
- Visual aid in classrooms
Sarah Mahan, Graduate Assistant (Spring 2017- ), Course Support Specialist
Sarah Mahan is a first-year graduate student in the Masters of Science in Education: Information Technology program and is working to obtain a certificate in Instructional Design. She holds a Bachelors of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies from Western Oregon Unive
rsity with focus areas in Education, Humanities and Social Science. She is planning to apply her experiences and education at WOU to a career in student affairs.
Amy Munger, Graduate Assistant (Fall 2017-), Course Support Specialist
In her career as an educator, Amy L. Munger has a passion for bringing education to life, creating environments that are dynamic, engaging, and meaningful. She is dedicated to both experiential learning and instructional design, daring students to define and develop into their best selves. Having worked in both in K-12 and higher education settings, she loves working with students and faculty members to enrich learning with technology.
Completing her undergraduate degree in Peace and Justice Studies, Amy’s curiosity about education, service, action and social justices continues to burn with aliveness and delight. Amy’s hobbies include wifehood, motherhood, board games, napping, hiking, soccer, ultimate, stand-up comedy and eating.
Course support specialist responsibilities
- Mainly support online and hybrid courses that are assigned to them (by the Academic Technologist). Additional responsibility maybe assigned based on needs;
- Provides technical and logistical support for assigned online or hybrid courses; records, tracks and resolves all technical course support issues through phone calls, chat requests, email and personal contact for faculty and students;
- Assists assigned faculty with course maintenance including content management, changes in syllabus, schedule, assignment/assessment, and other content adjustments;
- Assists assigned faculty through the timely, efficient, and accurate course setup and archive process prior to each academic term;
- Sends informational email updates throughout the quarter, monitors student progress, and contacts students that have not accessed the course, or are late on assignments.
- Host Moodle Open House for students (open to all students)
- Other duties as assigned
Course support specialist contact information