Psychology is the study of the mind and behavior, so an understanding of the field can be applied to a broad range of career fields. Once you’ve learned to explain thought, emotion and behavior, you’ll be able to provide valuable insights for the benefit of your employer. Or, you’ll be poised to continue your education in fields such as social work, clinical counseling, law, business or medicine.
credits required for the Psychology major
students enrolled in the Psychology program
students per class on average in the Psychology program
of students are assigned multiple advisers devoted to guiding them through their four years at WOU
- Explain and/or apply principles, skills, values or ethics of psychology
- Apply appropriate research methods to critically analyze human behavior
- Identify and demonstrate knowledge of sociocultural and international diversity
- Disability services specialist
- Forensic psychologist
- Domestic violence responder
- School psychologist
You’ll have the full range of psychology courses at your disposal for completing this minor program. Plus, some gerontology classes can substitute for psych classes, bringing an even broader appeal to this choice. As one of WOU’s most popular programs, psychology works well as either a minor or major.