The Music department at WOU offers a range of major options, including a Bachelor of Arts, a Bachelor of Science and several concentrations within the Bachelor of Music in Contemporary Music program. If music is the driving art in your life and you’d like to include it in your career path, the WOU faculty will offer an education that speaks directly to your focus. Get comfortable performing for an audience, or learn the behind-the-scenes work – it’s up to you!
Choose from B.Mus., B.A. or B.S.
credits required for the Music major
students enrolled in the Music program
students per class on average in the Music program
of students are assigned multiple advisers devoted to guiding them through their four years at WOU
Sample four year degree plan
- Demonstrate artistic proficiency for careers in music as performers, composers, writers, producers and academics
- Possess an awareness of the role of music arts in society
- Produce scholarly creative projects, solve professional problems independently and demonstrate a well-developed intellectual/aesthetic focus
- Audio producer
- Vocal or instrumental performer
- Motion picture music director
Courses in music theory and aural skills, as well as upper-division classes, make for a well-rounded minor program in music. This is another good choice for education majors, gerontology majors or communication studies majors. You can even choose an emphasis on audio production or popular music.