The WOU Computer Science program includes instruction in both the theoretical and the practical aspects of computing, but the focus truly is on applied, hands-on skills that will make you marketable in the tech hotspot that is the Pacific Northwest. You’ll take courses in advanced mathematics, programming, computer architecture and operating systems as well, preparing you for jobs at firms such as Intel, Symantec, Oracle and Microsoft like many WOU graduates.
Choose from A.B., B.A. or B.S.
credits required for the Computer Science major
students enrolled in the Computer Science program
students per class on average in the Computer Science program
of students are assigned multiple advisers devoted to guiding them through their four years at WOU
Sample four-year degree plan
- Develop expertise in software engineering practices
- Master software development and project management tools consistent with current industry standards
- Exhibit autodidactic qualities through individual studies, group projects and research opportunities
- Software developer
- Network administrator
- Computer support specialist
- Network security specialist
- Artificial intelligence designer
- Game/app designer
Computer Science minor
It’s no secret that understanding technology and how it works is a huge selling point in many professions. A minor in this program can be a terrific complement to a major in business, criminal justice, mathematics or communications.