The business major is one of the most versatile options for careers after graduation. The program will teach you business basics such as accounting, organizational management, marketing and communications, plus you can choose to take the writing-intensive version of the curriculum. The skills acquired in business courses will be applicable to a huge array of professions, making you a valuable resource for employers.
credits required for the Business major
students enrolled in the Business program
students per class on average in the Business program
of students are assigned multiple advisers devoted to guiding them through their four years at WOU
Sample four-year degree plan
- Analysis and evaluation: Critically analyze and interpret information to solve problems and make decisions
- Communication: Effectively communicate in written documents, oral presentations and interpersonal interactions
- Ethics: Recognize and evaluate ethical issues at the individual, organizational and societal levels of analysis
- Business operations manager
- Systems analyst/IT consultant
- Commodity broker
- Logistics manager
- Market research analyst
Students who minor in business get training in a broad range of business skills such as accounting, marketing, financial management, organizational behavior and more. If you dream of starting your own company some day, consider pairing a business minor with a complementary major.