A few weeks ago, when Brian was on vacation, some of the rest of us had a communication breakdown about creating new user accounts, and several new employees had to wait entirely too long before they could log on. This was at least partially my fault.
Brian is going to be gone again next week, but this time we won't have these problems because we've improved the process. First of all, we found out why most of the notifications were misrouted and fixed that. Also, I've added some more automation to the faculty/staff account creation system, so there's less work to do. I can't really talk about the details because that would mean giving out too many specifics about our servers, but several steps that formerly had to be done by hand now happen by themselves. The weird part was how easy it was to do, once we took another look at the process; once upon a time it had to be complicated, but thanks to various changes we've made in the last few years, a bunch of stuff was no longer needed.
Anyway it's way the heck late at night and I need to get out of here. At least the prettymail stuff is working , um, pretty well. (Yeah, this is my 2AM sense of humor.)