Syllabus Homework Page Chapter Online Assignments
GSP page Text Companion Page
Both of the texts used for the 211, 212, 213 series integrate the use and study of the NCTM Standards.
In Mathematics for Elementary Teachers: A Conceptual Approach
In Mathematics for Elementary Teachers: An Activity Approach
- Tables of the NCTM Standards and Expectations are found on the inside covers of the book.
- The NCTM Standards appear frequently throughout the text to link the content and pedagogy to the NCTM's Principles and Standards for School Mathematics to the mathematics studied in the text.
- Each chapter is opened with a Spotlight on Teaching and takes a close look at specific elements of the NCTM Standards that relate to the material that will be covered in the chapter.
- In the Making Connections exercises in each section, students are asked to carefully review and discuss various elements of the text's pedagogy, such as the NCTM Standards.
- Tables of the NCTM Standards and Expectations are found in an appendix at the end of the book.
- At the end of each activity set there are questions that ask students to relate the activities in the activity set to the Expectations in the NCTM Standards and some questions ask students to explore features of the NCTM web resources
To access the main NCTM website, click here: NCTM Home
To access the NCTM Lessons and Resources website, click here: NCTM Lessons and Resources