Return to America

So I’m back home in America and I am having culture shocks in my own country!  Restrooms aren’t holes in the ground with no toilet paper, no ones smoking in the restaurants, everyone’s in their lanes while driving down the freeway.  What is this madness?? Why are we so organized?  Why are our waitresses taking our order instead of ignoring us?  Why am I breathing in clean air instead of second hand smoke?  Why are our bathrooms sanitary?  I’m so happy to be home but I was shocked that my own country shocked me.  But at the same time, I’m proud to say America shocked me.  Because that shows I truly did submerge myself into Chinas culture.  I took a culture totally foreign to me, accepted it, and made it my own normal.  I’m proud of myself that I was able to adapt so well.  I think this gives me a lot of strength and will make me an even better traveler in the future.  I’m excited to go back to China in the future and see how I approach things a second time around in their culture.  I am so happy I had this opportunity to go on this trip.  This trip has shown me traveling is not impossible, and has shown me I am capable of adapting to different environments when needed.  I’ve left my study abroad feeling strong, confident I can make my way through anything and feeling better than before.

imageimage