Week 5: The cockroach was in the drain/

This week my friend was floating in the drain outside in our cement patio. It was raining so hard and the run off from the roof combined with he drain being covered caused our back porch to fill and flood into the house a little. The cockroaches were outside and floating around outside in the water.

This truck was the truck of another student’s host father. It has “animo” painted all over it. The word basically is our equivalent to “be happy!”. He would drive around town shouting animo at people and encourage them to be happy. Apparently he has been doing this for some years and is well know across the city.

My senora and I at the last group dinner. It was great to think back to our first meal with all the senors and see how much we have all grown.

I went to a soccer game the night before we left. It was so awesome! We met some awesome people and had a really great experiences.

I am glad that I spent more time in the last week trying new things and getting out of my house more. It was hard to pack everything up and get ready to. Leaving was a bit awkward because my senora didn’t really seem that sad about me leaving but I was! haha. It was still sad and she was very sweet to me.