Town hopping

This will be a combination of both my trip to Cork and to Galway, as we only stayed for one night in Cork.

For me, Cork was an ok town. We only got to see the city centre aspect of it, so I feel like I missed out on some stuff. Plus, we arrived quite late so we did not get the opportunity to really explore. Previously, we had ventured to Fota house, another Big House in Ireland. What made this house interesting was that it was the only house not burned during the 20’s. It was similarly decorated as the Newbridge house. It had recently been lived until 1975 when the last owner passed away. This house was also quite interesting as we got to see a lot! With each house, my enjoyment seems to go up.IMG_8486IMG_8455

Anyway, back to Cork. There really wasn’t a whole lot to do. Basically, I stayed indoors for awhile after exploring the town, got dinner, and went back home. Dinner was actually McDonalds. I know that’s American food, but I wanted to see if there was any major difference. The answer to that is not much. In addition, there was a horde of Italian teens in the bathroom to my dismay. Overall, not super impressed with Cork that day. Plus, there was a really bad smell there…

IMG_8521IMG_8517 (1)

Today was pretty exciting though! We visited the Cliffs of (INSANITY) Moher! The view was breathtaking, along with the hike. I only explored one portion of the cliffs because I thought I would run out of time. However, the part I did see was amazing. I became brazen enough to dangle my feet off the edge of the cliff. I was sitting securely, but I still felt scared! Even though this is a major tourist attraction, I do think it actually is something worth seeing. Afterwards, we headed out to Galway, which I will explore thoroughly tomorrow!IMG_8596