Week 3

This weekend, we took a trip to Mexico City. We went to a lot of museums and learned a lot about the history and culture in Mexico. We also saw a lot of art, and I thought it was interesting to see what the art told us about Mexican culture. It was also interesting to see the differences between Mexico City and Querétaro. Querétaro is a lot more clean and safe. We were told to stay on this one street at night in Mexico City to make sure that we stayed safe. In Querétaro, we usually feel safe walking around the city at night as long as we are together. I really enjoyed the Mexico City trip.

Another awesome thing we did was climb the pyramids in the ancient city of Teotihuacan. It was so much harder than it looked like it would be! I’m glad I pushed myself to go to the top because it was really beautiful and now I can say that I climbed an ancient pyramid.10408092_10202464983772188_2364543803706922552_n It was so cool to be in the ancient city and think about the fact that people actually lived here centuries ago!

Something that I have noticed since beginning my Study Abroad experience is that I have not really felt homesick at all. I am grateful that I feel this way, because I know there are some other people who have felt really stressed and have been missing home. I love my family, but I am having such a great experience here in Mexico and I really have no desire to go home right now.