Week 4: Halfway Done

Well, I am four weeks into my eight week adventure, and it’s a pretty weird feeling. This week was my last week of classes, I am done! To celebrate the last day of our classes, my psychology professors put on a movie and afterwards they said we were going to have a discussion, but instead they surprised up with a tea party! It was the most adorable thing ever! We had tea, biscuits, cupcakes, and loots of other treats to celebrate our four week psychology of evil class.

2014-07-09 18.27.59

End of Class Tea Party!

2014-07-09 18.41.22-1

My delicious cup of tea

Thursday, I went to Stirling Castle with one of the other classes, I was excited because I hadn’t made it to the castle yet and I wanted to check it out. I was very impressed with the castle, it was a lot nicer and bigger than I thought. We walked around and even saw Mary Queen of Scots bedroom. The whole entire castle has been kept in beautiful shape and they even refurbished many rooms to make them look like they would have back when royalty lived in the castle. I didn’t realize that Stirling Castle had so much fame and history behind it. Apparently, it is the only Scottish Castle that has never had an English Lord, there’s your fun fact of the day!

2014-07-10 16.08.03

View from inside the castle walls

2014-07-10 15.05.18

Me and some friends in the Great Hall at Stirling Castle

A lot of people went home this week, which was a bit sad, since they were only staying for four weeks instead of eight. Because of this, the University put on a Farewell Ceilidh (pronounced like the name Kaylee), which is a dance and social gathering that is traditional in Gaelic communities. It was held at a very nice hotel in downtown Stirling. It was so much fun! They had a live fiddle band there and they taught us tons of traditional dances as well, it was a blast (and quite a workout too)! I didn’t participate in all of the dances because I had a bit of a cold that has been going around. It was the perfect send off for those who were going home and a great celebration for those of us staying for another four weeks.

Next week, I start my internship at the University at the School of Sport as a research assistant. I am excited to work with people from another University and can’t wait to tell you all about it! See you soon!

Natalie