Semana Santa

Argentina is a country that has been influenced a lot by its Spanish ancestors, including its religious background of Roman Catholic. This is why Easter in Argentina is very important to most of its people. Being Catholic myself I was happy to experience Easter or in other words Holy week, which is a celebration that takes three days, Thursday through Saturday. Easter is a time to remember the triumphal entry into Jerusalem, the last supper, the crucifixion, and the resurrection of Christ. Due to its importance these three days are a central celebrations in Argentina where the people get to rest, people here have the days off and everything closes down for the Easter and Holy Week holiday. It was very unique getting to see the city in a different light, where the people of Argentina are at peace.

This is a picture of my rosary and a ramo bendisido (holy bouquet/plant), which I received prior to the Semana Santa (Easter/Holy week).

This entry was posted in Argentina and tagged , by Marlen. Bookmark the permalink.

About Marlen

Hello. You are probably wondering who I am and what I am all about. Well, for starters my name is Marlen, I am currently a student at Western Oregon University majoring in Community Health with a minor in Human Biology and for the rest, you will have to see.