Arrival- New Zealand at last

Another journal entry that I kept for when I arrived.

First thing, woah! That was a long plane ride. 12.5 hours is way too long to be cramped into a little seat. Surprisingly, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be though! I had two lovely girls next to me that were great company! I had some pretty bad anxiety thinking about everything that could go wrong from PDX to LAX to Auckland and then finally to Wellington, New zealand where I call home for 12 weeks. LAX was just as bad as everyone said it was going to be! I had never flown in or out of that airport until this trip and it was easily the most stressful part of the travel. I got lost and thankfully I had a two hour layover because after an hour of walking and searching I finally made it to my terminal.

When I arrived in Auckland I had to go through customs which went well and then I hopped on the plane for a short ride down to Wellington! When I arrived at the airport all I could do was get to the baggage claim and hope that my bags had arrived from Los Angeles. On my way down, I had to snap some pictures of huge birds they had in the lobby! While I was waiting for my bag, I was approached by the lady that found me my internships and housing and we set off from there and took a little drive around the city, went to the grocery store and then came to where I am now, my new apartment!

The weather is okay today for being Summer here, it’s a tad windy but it doesn’t seem to be too bad. My apartment is nice and is a block away from the heart of the city I hear. I will begin my adventures today as I have two days before I start working!

Until later,

Amanda

My home for 12 weeks!

My home for 12 weeks!

Wellington, New Zealand

One thought on “Arrival- New Zealand at last

1. Wow, your apartment looks great! Being close to the city will really benefit you as well. Public transportation can be pretty easy to figure out sometimes in foreign countries, but then other times it is really difficult!