Week 11

Had a thrilling experience in London. Got to stay with a couple people I met in Poland, who happened to be financial interns in the city. The showed around some great sights and I got to experience both the grandeur and the less known spots as well. My last big trip I think, but I am glad I did it, though it was a bit expensive.

My mother has always wanted to come here and shop, so I brought a fair amount of pounds, and bought her a pair of ‘cheap’ boots from Harrod’s. Only cost me about $200. No big deal, right? Hopefully, it will be a nice present under the tree for Christmas.

I am sort of wishing to come home, but I know I’ll miss what I have here. While I am not homesick, I just realize the time is right to go, but it will not make it an easy leave. My football team is almost done for the year and it is beginning to dawn on all of us it is time. Still have some time.

IMG_0581 IMG_0620 IMG_0662

The top photo is of me crossing Abbey Road, made famous by the Beatles. That was interesting dodging the traffic.

Horse Guard’s Parade. Other than the actual security staff for the Queen, these guys are the big and formal guns that protect the Queen. This is also where members of government might stroll in the back to converse over the day’s events.

I like that picture of Churchill at the Imperial War Museum’s Churchill War Room. This is where he conducted his operations during WWII. Nice to see the Brits aren’t only calling us cowboys.

One thought on “Week 11

1. Your mom will love the boots from Harrods. Just think, she was able to shop vicariously through you.

Having the dual emotions of wanting to come home and wanting to stay feels somewhat like a tug of war– pulled first one way then the other. Michele