Homesick? As if!

Well, it’s that time.  Classes are finished and I’m all packed.  Italy has been a lot of fun and I’ve learned so much.  To be honest though, I wouldn’t mind staying longer.  I could easily stay another month before feeling any twinge of homesickness.

This experience has been great and I’m glad I was able to come to Siena.  I live out in the middle of nowhere at home so I’m really going to miss walking everywhere.  It feels good to stretch my legs and not have to drive forty-five minutes to get to the store.  Truth-be-told, I hate staying in one place for long periods of time (people tell me I have a restless and wandering soul) but I would have liked to stay a little longer.

I have traveled outside the country before, so I don’t expect a huge reaction from my family.  For them, life just goes on.  I’ll tell my story but I know it won’t be nearly as life altering for them as it has been for me.  After all, if someone doesn’t experience something for themselves, then there’s only so much excitement they can generate for you.  However, I’ve got lots of pictures and a bag of souvenirs.  Everytime I look at them I’m sure I’ll feel excited about my trip all over again.

I’ve got a day full of flying ahead…hope i’m not put next to someone who snores…

2 thoughts on “Homesick? As if!

1. I can relate to the lack of homesickness. I went to London this summer for one month and I was not ready to leave. I felt homesick for London after being back home, I still do. But like you I have my pictures and souvenirs to keep me company. Glad you had a good trip!