Home and Vegas Baby!

Ciao tutti!

Ha ha!  Well, as you can tell from the title, I arrived home and was almost immediately whisked to Las Vegas.  I told my family all about my trip to Siena, showed them my pictures and souvenirs, and got to work on the capstone project.  I did wear the bay leaf wreath when I got off the plane and my family thought it was really cool.  Less than a week after getting home, my grandparents, brother, and I drove to Vegas for a weekend getaway.  They said it was to celebrate my graduation and my brother’s acceptance into the Navy.

DSCF1971 DSCF1990 DSCF1995 DSCF1931 DSCF1954 DSCF1951

We stayed at the Luxor and saw the shows for Blue Man Group and Jabbawockeez.  It was a blast!  During the whole weekend, my grandparents asked me all about Siena.  My brother has decided he wants to be stationed somewhere in Europe.  I really do miss Italy but I miss the traveling more than anything.  I’m applying for jobs as a sign language interpreter for travel agencies now.  Hopefully I get one, fingers crossed.

We ate at an Italian restaraunt one night.  I ordered something I had had in Siena and was disappointed.  I guess when you’ve had the real thing in the country it came from, everything else falls short.  It’s funny, but I think I’m feeling just a bit homesick for Siena.  I really could have stayed longer.  But, like I said, I’ll work for travel agencies and get to see it all again someday.  Vedrò ancora Siena.

Buona fortuna con le tue avventure!  Ciao!

One thought on “Home and Vegas Baby!

1. Students who enroll in short programs always have a bit of longing at the end for just a little more time. I’m not surprised you miss Italy some. Michele